Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Power Failure light, 1 of the 2 most important purchases for you to make

I attended the earthquake readiness class at our Stake Emergency fair.  What I learned was that this is one of the most important purchases you need to make, it's probably the best $10.00 you will ever spend.  You plug these night lights into your kids rooms, as well as your own.  If the power ever goes out, these lights come on, when unplugged, they act as a flashlight (that you can actually find).  They have built in rechargeable batteries, so you never have to worry about finding batteries.  I had a little trouble find these at Home Depot.  Just look for the night light stuff, these are with them.  Look specifically for "Power Failure" lights.  They cost right around $10.00.  The other "most important" purchase you need to make is a strap for your water heater.  I haven't bought ours yet, but will post all about it when I do :)

1 comment:

  1. We had these all over the house when I was a kid. Why did I forget about them?! Awesome new blog btw!!

    ReplyDelete